The Administrator’s Summer
What do school administrators do during the summer?
Short answer: All the stuff I didn’t have time for during the school year, plus preparing for the upcoming year. And it’s actually a lot of fun! Summer is a season of work and rest; I enjoy it.
- Hiring and on-boarding new faculty with learning outcomes, resources, keys, laptops,
- Analyzing ERB scores and setting goals
- Meeting with summer grant recipients to advance key initiatives and align curriculum
- Preparing and leading MS Admin Team retreat focused on project management, levels of delegation, and team building
- Preparing and coordinating a two week pre-planning agenda for all faculty, plus a two day new faculty orientation with other executive team members
- Overseeing facilities repairs, improvements, inventories, etc.
- Reflecting and issuing Blogger Challenges!