Start With Five Essential Questions
1) Wait, what? This question is at the heart of all understanding. Clarification is crucial for understanding, before drawing conclusions or making decisions.
2) I wonder (why/if)? This question is at the heart of all curiosity.
3) Couldn’t we at least? This question is the beginning of all progress. It enables you to get unstuck, find common ground, or get started.
4) How can I help? This question is at the base of all relationships. Asking for direction with humility, to serve another.
5) What truly matters (to me)? This question gets you to the heart of life.
Bonus: And did you get what you wanted out of life, even so? From a poem called ‘Late Fragment’ by Raymond Carver This is the most important question ever asked. “Even so” means that in spite of the pain in life, there is still hope of joy and contentment.