How might drones be used in schools? As the use of drones becomes increasingly more prevalent, educators must ask how they will expose students to yet another cutting edge technology. The applications are fun to think about. Here are a few ideas I brainstormed this morning. How would you envision drones being used in classrooms and schools? What are the possibilities of drones in schools?
– Individual and Group Projects
– School news shows
– Space Aviation
– Coordinates and Geometric Shapes (see video)
– Exposure to cutting edge
Ethical Decision Making
– Spying and Surveillance
– Military Use
– Targeted Assassinations
– Recreate historical scenarios to gain empathy
– U2 incident, Cuban Missile Crisis, etc.
– Commercial package delivery
– Aerial Photography
NJ high school uses drones in the classroom
Legal issues related to use of drones to video sports (great description of other current uses)