A Brief History of Badging at MVPS
The jury is still out amongst many about badging. It’s no secret I’m a fan, though much remains to be learned. The work of this summer’s XLR8 summer grant program has only further activated my enthusiasm for exploring and experimenting with badging and micro-credentialing in a variety of scenarios.
Next week, when teachers return for pre-planning, I hope they will begin to see the value (and the fun) and share in the growing interest in badging. I could not be more proud of the work of Amy and Chrissy in this area. Get ready folks!
In anticipation of the work and discovery that’s yet to come, here is a quick recap of some of the journey’s highlights so far…
– MVIFI issues badges through credly for FUSE facilitators
– Launched first 4 badges for students to earn focused on Digital Citizenship
– Conducted research and reflected on “Hacking Badges“
– Start with Faculty. Show the value in using badges as a way to expand the learning measures. Why Badges?
– Experiment with Students slowly. Find pockets of excellence (TAB, Duolingo, Study Skills, Chrome Ninja II Camp)
Read article from MVPS website about students embracing badging through summer DIY program.